These yummy Chocolate Chip Muffins are inspired by Nina Mehta's vegetarian cookbook, but I have adapted it a little to my taste to make it a bit more healthy using White Whole-Wheat flour instead of All-Purpose and 'I can't believe it's not butter' to cut down on the fat content. The result was great, the yummy muffins are chocolatey and melt in your mouth good. All this healthy-ness makes me fell guilt-free when I pack this for my kids lunch, and I know they will be delighted to see this rare treat in their lunchboxes tommorrow :)
Here goes the recipe :)
-1.5 cups White Whole-Wheat flour
-1 cup thick yogurt
-1 cup sugar (decrease to taste)
-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
-1.25 tsp Baking Powder
-1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
-3/4 stick Butter (Softened)
-3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 , and line muffin pan with muffin liners.
2. Mix together yogurt and sugar until sugar is completely incorporated.
3. Add in Baking Soda and Baking Powder, mix, and set aside for 5 min until bubbles appear.
4. Add in butter and vanilla extract and beat till smooth.
5. Slowly incorporate the flour, and mix till you get a smooth, thick batter.
6. Fold Chocolate Chips into batter.
7. Pour batter 3/4 of the way up in each of the wells in the muffin pan.
8. Place in top rack of oven at 400 F for 20-25 min, or till a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into one of the muffins. Take out, cool, serve, and enjoy! :)
Linking this post to Lets bake Cupcakes and Muffins hosted by simply.food, 'only' cooking with chocolate hosted by Foodelicious, and Bake Fest hosted by Priya and started by Vardhini