Pancake Mix Apple Pie
-1 cup pancake mix
-1/2 stick butter
-Pinch of salt
-2-3 tablespoons of cold water
-Thinly sliced apple disks
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-2 tbsp Jaggery/Bellam (brown sugar)
-Powdered sugar (Optional)
1. Mix pancake mix with salt, them incorporate the cold butter into the pancake mix with a food processor.
2. When the mix looks like small peas, start adding the cold water, one tbsp at a time until it starts to leave the side of the bowl. (If you use too much water, add some more pancake mix)
3. Gather the dough into a ball with your hands, flatten into a disc and place in the fridge for 15 min.
4. Take the dough out, and press into a pie plate
5. Place the apples in the pie dish, sprinkling a spoon of sugar between each layer.
6. Mix the brown sugar (jaggery) and cinnamon together to make a crumble topping, and put it on top of the pie.
7. Place leftover dough in a lattice design on top of the pie, or leave untopped.
8. Put the pie in the oven at 350 Fahrenheit for 20-30 min. until the crust is golden.
9. Let the pie cool, and sprinkle powdered sugar over the top. Serve by itself or with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.