I have always been on the search for a good eggless cookie recipe. I had known that plain yogurt was a perfect substitute for eggs, but had never tried it. I decided to try the yogurt substitute with this recipe, and the result was a very moist, chewy and melt-in-your-mouth good chocolate chip cookie. This is one of the best cookies I have ever tasted, and when I sent some with my kid to school, his friends gobbled them up in 5 minutes. This is a great recipe for anyone watching the fat content in their desserts.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream brown sugar, sugar, and butter together until fluffy.
3. Add in vanilla yogurt, and mix well.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl and fold into the wet ingredients.
5. Carefully fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
6. Scoop rounded spoonfuls of the dough 2 inches apart on the baking sheet, place in the preheated oven for 10 min until golden.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Sending this recipe to 'only' cooking with chocolate hosted by Foodelicious, and Bake Fest hosted by Priya and started by Vardhini.